Monday, April 5, 2010

Donating the Use of Images


A lot of artists like myself donate art for organizations to auction off at benefit galas or to use in some similar way. Another way I see artists contributing to causes they believe in is by donating an image for use in publications, invitations, etc. For example, Frank Biondo, who just happens to be my dad, has provided his cowboy images to the Desert Foothills Land Trust in Arizona for several years for use in their gala invitations and programs. The land trust gets some eye-catching graphics and my dad gets some great exposure for his art.

Do you know of other artists who use their work to support environment, conservation or wildlife organizations? Feel free to email me information about them -- I might feature them in an upcoming post.

Photo: "Above It All," by Frank Biondo

No comments:

Post a Comment