Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cosa Verde Website: Supporting Green Art

I recently became a member of Cosa Verde, a great website that highlights eco-friendly art and handmade goods. You can browse items by different categories, then follow the links to the artists' own online shops. I really like the concept: the people behind Cosa Verde not only focus attention on sustainably produced products, but they plant ten trees for every new shop opened, and donate 10% of sellers' fees to a charities of the sellers' choice. (I chose Rainforest Alliance to benefit from my Cosa Verde shop.)

The products I decided to feature on Cosa Verde are my botanical scanographs in beautiful frames made from upcycled kitchen cabinet doors (see photo above). I bought the cabinet doors (mostly samples, so they were in great shape) from the local Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I really like the idea of finding new uses for no-longer-needed materials, and I love supporting Habitat for Humanity.

Image above: Sego Lily in upcycled wood frame, by Brenda Biondo

No comments:

Post a Comment