Monday, April 19, 2010

Artist Creates Charitable Sales Model



The folks over at The Endangered Species Print Project suggested I check out Christopher Reiger's artwork and philosophy on selling art. I did, and I'm very impressed. Christopher donates 40% to 50% of the sales price of his work to one of four non-profit organizations, including The Wildlands Network.  Here's what he says on his website about his efforts:

"I am compelled to create artwork, but I am also committed to volunteerism and community participation. I contribute to non-profit groups and volunteer for conservation projects, but my sustained happiness requires so much time in the studio as to preclude significant action in other spheres. How can my paintings and drawings, fine art objects traded in a luxury market, exist in accord with my hopeful ideology? More specifically, how can I earn a living and connect my art to progressive efforts?
In the fall of 2008, I decided to contribute a significant percentage of every art sale to non-profit organizations that are working to redress environmental and social ails. By generating money for important causes through the sale of my artwork, I can act in proxy; the long hours in the studio can be connected to the spirit of the art and to the greater community..."

Check out his artwork and read more about his philosophy on his website.

Image above: Cost Benefit Analysis, by Christopher Reiger

1 comment:

  1. Тhe groѕs business revenue means nothing
    if, at the ѕаme time giving еstimateѕ, answeгіng сalls frοm customers anԁ οther
    companies involѵеd with Aptera. The first is fraud by falѕe representation.


    Feel free to surf to my web page; internet Marketing Newbies

    ReplyDelete